Friday, May 9, 2014

December: Celebrations

Besides my normal busy schedule (compiling documents, attending meetings, and taking notes), I got to explore a new facet of professional life that I hadn’t previously encountered: office holiday parties! 

I attended my first White Elephant gift exchange with the staff from the Gardner Center and walked away with a nice picture frame. The next day, partners in the Redwood City community came to the new Redwood City 2020 office for a catered breakfast before the work day. They also got to see the hard work that my coworkers and I had put into decorating the office. Being able to connect with my coworkers on a more personal level was something that I realized I was missing in my professional life. These parties allowed me to interact candidly with everyone without the strictures of a professional working environment. It was great making these personal connections! 

The rest of the month was spent with family in San Diego. It was extremely relaxing, as it aways is, especially since I knew that January was going to be a busy month! Stay tuned until next week for updates about the Redwood City 2020 Strategic Planning Retreat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment